HPE SimpliVity Cloud Service Providers
Delivers premium economics, scale, flexibility, security, and efficiency
Your customers are turning to cloud service providers. That’s a fact. They will turn to the cloud service providers that offer them the best of both worlds: efficiency, agility, scale and economics while still maintaining security and control. They will also turn to vendors who provide them with a rapid, elastic platform to deliver applications, regardless of end point.
The public cloud computing solutions that exist today, based on legacy technology or the first wave of converged infrastructure systems, don’t allow service providers the flexibility and risk profile that they require.
Today, public cloud computing platforms require:
- Upfront capital expense. Many platforms cost somewhere between $300,000 and $1,000,000 just to get basic workloads up and running.
- High Total Cost of Ownership. Many platforms only include the basic compute and storage without accounting for backup, disaster recovery, WAN costs, and management across sites. They don’t solve the data problem.
- Long start-up times. Many platforms take weeks to months to deploy. And then they take weeks to months to migrate when it’s time for a refresh or upgrade.
- Inflexibility. Many cloud service providers force you to over purchase at large price points, instead of letting you buy in small increments and scale over time.
- Operational inefficiencies. Legacy infrastructure imposes the burden of manual tasks from storage to server to application provisioning, deployment, upgrades, and general ongoing maintenance. Legacy Infrastructure doesn’t allow IT to operate like a cloud with self-provisioning, automation and orchestration.
And, at the same time, traditional vendors have not provided service providers with the business model that matches the consumption-based approach that their customers require.
It doesn’t make sense to offer a customer an application or infrastructure “as-as-service,” yet still burden the service provider with a large capital expense. The models should match on both sides.
Meet the HPE SimpliVity Utility Enablement Program
What if you could:
- Gain the best of both worlds between cost and control?
- Achieve 100% utilization for your infrastructure assets?
- Eliminate upfront investments in your IT infrastructure?
- Get Amazon-like architectural and financial flexibility, while still maintaining control of data and infrastructure on-premises or in a hosted private cloud?
- Easily enable chargeback or showback for your IT infrastructure per application or per virtual machine?
- Never pay for new infrastructure before you use it?
- Align how you purchase infrastructure directly to how you’re charged for it?
It’s Time for Public Cloud Computing
Traditional approaches are fading. Traditional infrastructure is inefficient. Traditional business models are obsolete. Traditional methods of disassociating hardware and software purchases from actual consumption are outdated.
Why? It’s the perfect storm of:
- Exploding data growth.
- Increasing IO demands that storage system technology has not kept pace with.
- Standardizing on virtualization.
- Changing demands on IT: it’s no longer just about capacity, but also about performance, mobility, protection and management.
- Increasing demands on IT: the consumerization of IT means customers are used to fast access to resources, when they need them.
- Struggling to achieve the flexibility, agility and speed necessary to meet Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with the business.
CIOs know that they need to adapt. They’re turning to public cloud computing in record numbers and “cloud computing” is on the “top three” of every “CIO agenda” published.