HPE SimpliVity Hybrid Cloud
You don't have to decide between external and internal cloud services. Find a solution that works for you.
Public cloud computing or private cloud computing. Which is best? The answer? It doesn’t matter. What does matter are the business objectives:
- How can you speed your time to market?
- How can you speed your time to development?
- How can you commit to and uphold your Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to the business?
- How can you decrease cost?
- How can you more accurately predict cost?
- How can you more directly tie cost to your actual consumption of resources?
- How can you manage your infrastructure more efficiently?
- How can you get the most out of your IT staff?
The business objectives should drive technology decisions and not the other way around.
Legacy Infrastructure Hampering Your Business?
The old way of doing business simply isn’t working anymore. Costs are growing out of control. IT struggles to keep pace with the growth of data and increasing demands of the business. And, at the same time, budgets continue to be constrained.
Your virtualization efforts are paying off. However, if you are still standardizing on best-of-breed silos of compute, storage and networking, then you may be hamstringing your virtualization investments—and your progress toward a hybrid cloud computing model. From a technology perspective, the demands of your virtualized workloads require a new architecture. That new architecture is hyperconvergence.
HPE SimpliVity OmniCube hyperconverged infrastructure consolidates server, storage, network, backup and disaster recovery into a scalable 2U building block. Its revolutionary data virtualization platform deduplicates, compresses, and optimizes data inline (as it is written to disk, the first time it’s written to disk). Performed once, data remains in its optimized state for all stages of its lifecycle. Decoupling data from the hardware introduces mobility. Policies set at the virtual machine-level allow VM-centric management across the federated instances of OmniCube. Management of “global” workloads and resources occurs from a single management interface.
Is OmniCube for your on-premises private cloud infrastructure or public cloud infrastructure? Yes and yes.
Hybrid Cloud Computing Satisfies Objectives
HPE SimpliVity provides services for all cloud computing models, depending on the business objectives. For example:
- Are your resources located on-premises, providing private cloud computing automation, orchestration and self-provisioning from a single shared resource pool?
- Are your private cloud computing resources extensible to public cloud computing for backup and disaster recovery?
- Are your public cloud computing resources at Amazon Web Services?
- Are your public cloud computing resources provided by a trusted service provider with backup-as-a-service or DR-as-a-service?
- Are your private cloud computing resources augmented with infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) or platform-as-a-service (PaaS) from public cloud computing providers?
- Are all of your resources located off premises in a trusted private cloud computing environment?
- Are all of your resources located off premises in a multi-tenant public cloud computing environment?
HPE SimpliVity’s hyperconverged platform provides the architectural foundation for public, private and hybrid cloud computing models.